In order to make a donation to a partner non-profit, our preference would be for you to sign up as a user and then use our “*Other Brokerage” form to initiate the donation request. This approach enables both yourself and the Partner Non Profit Organization to track the status of the donation, and allows Stock Donator to maintain your donation history.
Here’s the step-by-step detail to guide you through the process:
- Create a donor account on our site (from www.stockdonator.com, go to “For Donors> Create Donor Account” on the top right of the page)
- Once your account is created, you’ll be re-directed to your account home page
- From your account home page, in the “Donate Now” tab, you can initiate your donation request by entering the stock, quantity, and selecting your indented recipient from the drop down list.
- On the next page, you’ll be asked to provide your brokerage information. Here, select “*Other Brokerage” in the Brokerage Firm field. Go ahead and complete the rest of the information as required.
- On the final confirmation page, scroll towards the bottom. You’ll be provided an option to either (i) print the generated form, sign, and send to your brokerage firm, or (ii) sign electronically using the provided signature pad and submit to Stock Donator to send on to your brokerage firm. Completely your preference on which way to go…
- Once submitted, you’ll have the opportunity to print the generated form (you’ll also receive it via email). The form will have the destination brokerage firm, DTC number, account number populated, along with the pertinent details of your donation request.
Thank you for using Stock Donator to make your stock donations to your favorite charity. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any follow-on questions.
– The Stock Donator Team.